Hurry - Only 2 left in stock!
Prelims (5 pp)
Tools, Recipes & Techniques (20 pp)
Tools and Equipment
All of the tools and equipment you need for the projects are introduced and explained.
Recipes and Ingredients
* Recipes and instructions on making the perfect cake or cupcake
* Cake fillings and suggestions
Cake and Cupcake making Techniques
* Essential information, including shortcuts
* Preparation of cake tins, baking, and storage
* Discussion on choice of cupcake case, embellishments, cake shapes, and side designs
* Tips on how to bake identical cupcakes and the perfect sponge/fruitcake.
* How to use fondant, modeling paste, floral paste, frosting, modelling chocolate, and marzipan
* Techniques required to make pulled flowers, cutter flowers, piped flowers, and free hand flowers
* Brush embroidery
* Making stamens and glazing leaves
* Creation of appropriate foliage
* Wiring of flowers to create a spray
* Discussion on creating a balanced flower design using either wired or unwired flowers or a combination of both.
FLOWER DIRECTORY (116 pp)
Step-by-step photography and written instructions for each flower. The projects involve beginner, intermediate, and advanced flower-making techniques, while some flowers can be made in different ways depending on your skill level. The flowers featured are organized by media and include:
* Pine cones
* Forget me not
* Lily of the valley
* Michelmas daisy
* Fantasy flowers
* Cala lily
* Star of Bethlehem
Resources, Index & Credits (3 pp)
Helen Penman began her cake-making career when her triplets were two years old: she had ordered a cake for her father's birthday and it was a huge disappointment-so she decided to try it herself. That was 18 years ago! Helen now designs for an international sugarcraft magazine Cakes and Sugarcraft alongside her cake artistry business "Too Nice To Slice." This is her fifth book, and her previous titles include Squires Kitchen's Guide to Cake Shaping (Squires Group, 2011), Fondant Modeling for Cake Decorators (Firefly, 2011), and 100 Fondant Animal Cake Toppers (Firefly, 2012).
Wedding Cakes magazine contributor Helen Penman has produced a plethora of tutorials for making flowers in sugar using different techniques including modelling and piping. With recipes for a variety of modelling pastes as well as a comprehensive guide to tools and materials, this book is a wonderful introduction to the world of sugar floristry. The majority of the designs are used to top cupcakes although many would look just as good on a wedding or celebration cake.* Wedding Cakes *
A beautiful collection of easy-to-make floral cake and cupcake toppers. This comprehensive directory of flowers is organised by the material from which they are made, sugarpaste, marzipan, flower paste and modelling chocolate.* Cake Craft & Decoration *