List of Illustrations, Maps and Tables
1. An 'Alleged' Ethnic Cleansing?
2. The Drive for an Exclusively Jewish State
3. Partition and Destruction: UN Resolution 181 and its Impact
4. Finalising a Master Plan
5. The Blueprint for Ethnic Cleansing: Plan Dalet
6. The Phony War and the Real War over Palestine: May 1948
7. The Escalation of the Cleansing Operations: June--September 1948
8. Completing the Job: October 1948--January 1949
9. Occupation and its Ugly Faces
10. The Memoricide of the Nakba
11. Nakba Denial and the 'Peace Process'
12. Fortress Israel
Maps and Tables
The book that is providing a storm of controversy, from 'Israel's bravest historian' (John Pilger)
Ilan Pappe is a senior lecturer in Policital Science at Haifa University. He is Academic Director fo the Research Insitute for Peace at Givat Haviva and Chair of the Emil Touma Institute for Palestinian Studies, Haifa.
"If not the last word, this is a major intervention in an argument that will, and must, continue. There's no hope of lasting Middle East peace while the ghosts of 1948 still walk." - The Independent "Ilan Pappe is Israel's bravest, most principled, most incisive historian." - John Pilger "Ground breaking research into a well kept Israeli secret. A classic of historical scholarship on a taboo subject by one of Israel's foremost New Historians." - Ghada Karmi, Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies, University of Exeter, England