Table of Contents:
* Chapter One: A Few Words
* Chapter Two: Some Basics-Contour, Gesture, and Modeled Drawing
* Chapter Three: Organization/Structure-Making Things "Work Together"
* Chapter Four: Using Light and Dark
* Chapter Five: Photographs, Grids, and Projected Images
* Chapter Six: Probing a Single Form-Idea
* Chapter Seven: Old and Modern Masters-Appreciated and Exploited
* Chapter Eight: Drawing Extended
* Chapter Nine: Now to Begin...
Robert Kaupelis (1928-2009) was a Professor of Art and Art Education at NYU for nearly three decades. He was cited by Herbert Livesey in The Professors as one of the outstanding teachers of art in the nation;an entire chapter in the book was devoted to his career.