1. The Age of the Fathers
2. The Early Middle Ages
3. The Schools of the Eleventh Century: From Bec to Reims
4. The Monks of the Twelfth Century
5. The School of St. Victor
6. The Schools of the Twelfth Century: From Laon to Paris
7. Exegesis in the Universities of the Later Middle Ages
8. Applied Exegesis: The New Testament and the Medieval Papacy
Conclusion: Can Medieval Exegesis Speak to Us Today?
Ian Christopher Levy (PhD, Marquette University) is professor of historical theology at Providence College in Providence, Rhode Island. He is the author or editor of numerous books, including Holy Scripture and the Quest for Authority at the End of the Middle Ages.