Introduction: Mask Off: Being a Man
1. Real Men: Myths of Masculinity
2. Gang Signs and Prayer: Male Violence, Aggression and Mental Health
3. What's Love Got to Do with It?: Love, Sex and Consent
4. This Is a Man's World: The Politics of Masculinity, The Masculinity of Politics
5. If I Were a Boy: Gender Equality and Feminism
6. See You at the Crossroads: Intersections of Masculinity
7. It Goes Down in the DM's: Masculinity in the Age of Social Media
8. Slamdunk the Funk: Masculinity and Sport
Conclusion: Man in the Mirror: Transgression and Transformation
JJ Bola is a writer, poet and educator. He is the author of the novel No Place to Call Home (2017), as well as three poetry collections. He is one of the winners of the 2017 Spread the Word Flight 1000 Associates Prize.
'An antidote to Jordan Peterson'* Guardian *
'An uncompromising, heartfelt and completely vital interrogation of this thing we call masculinity. Bubbling with new perspectives and major insights - this is the book about masculinity that we ALL need'-- Jeffrey Boakye, author of 'Black, Listed: Black British Culture Explored'