Preface: Neo-Haussmannization and Its Discontents
1. Whither Urban Studies?
2. Old Urban Questions Revisited (and Reconstituted)
3. Cities under Tension
4. Strategic Embellishment and Urban Civil War
5. Sentimental Urban Education
6. Urban Jacobinism
7. Old Discourse on New Inequality
8. Every Revolution Has Its Agora
9. Taking Back Urban Politics
10. Whose City? The Parasites', of Course...
Afterword: The Parasitic Mode of Urbanization
Andy Merrifield is a Fellow of Murray Edwards College, Cambridge and the author of numerous books including The New Urban Question, (Pluto, 2014) Magical Marxism (Pluto, 2011) and The Wisdom of Donkeys (Short Books, 2009).
'Merrifield is accessible, optimistic and even fun' -- New York
'An exciting writer who brings a fresh perspective to the political debate' -- New Internationalist
'Read Merrifield, whose writing is a breath of fresh air in an increasingly arid intellectual field' -- Duncan Bowie, The Chartist