* Metalworking is growing, growing, growing-the next big wave in
* A thorough guide focused solely on soldering techniques. It is the only authoritative book that also includes a DVD, which brings a personal touch to the work and enhances the understanding of techniques from the book that are easier to learn by watching
* Current books tend to be encyclopedic and intimidating to beginners or crafters looking to develop their skills. Many focus mainly on the use of tanks/torches and a dedicated studio on a big scale. Simple Soldering teaches how to create polished pieces without requiring dedicated studio space or lots of expensive tools and materials
* A solid, in-depth primer on a basic jewelry-making skill: beginner exercises on inexpensive copper tiles guide readers though basic metalworking techniques, plus readers are encouraged to layer and combine techniques
* Expert tips on how to identify, correct, and adapt mistakes, as well as advice on when it's time to give up and start over
Kate Ferrant Richbourg has more than 16 years of experience teaching jewelry techniques, including beading, wirework, and metalsmithing. Simple Soldering is her first book. Kate lives in California.
"Simple Soldering: A Beginner's Guide to Jewelry Making, by Kate Ferrant Richbourg is a complete course in soldering... It is taught with all the clarity and enthusiasm for which the author is famous. I was knocked out by the method of learning devised by the author. I have never seen anything like it. It is wonderful... Each project has the charm of artisan style. The hand crafted look is very evident and completely appealing. None of the designs are anything less than keenly beautiful. Kate Ferrant Richbourg is not only one of our greatest instructors, she is one of our greatest designers." --Pretty Kitty Dog Moon Jewelry